Conover Fire Department
Reported Structure Fire
116 S. McLin Creek Road
Guest Photographer Mark Hinson
Upon arrival of first Engine Company, plant personnel advise
that there was a smell of smoke inside the structure. They reported observing
the smoke and plant personnel pulled the fire alarm to evacuate the structure.
Fire personnel entered the structure and reported to Incident Command the
confirmation of smoke in the structure. Fire personnel also laddered the
structure with Ladder 1 to check the roof area and the HVAC units on the roof.
The cause of the smoke was due to a malfunction in one of the HVAC units on the
roof of the structure. The power source to the HVAC unit was secured by fire
Sorry forgot time, Today, dispatched at 12:54pm. No injuries to personnel. The
interior was checked and cleared of smoke.
Plant personnel was cleared to return into the structure. Assignment Complete.
J. Mark Hinson