02-14-04
Carlyle Road
Mobile Home Fire

The call came in a short time after 1 am that a passerby saw fire and smoke coming from a mobile home.  Units responded to find smoke coming out the end of the mobile home and the owner coughing from smoke inhalation.  He had been throwing water on the fire trying to put it out.  The kitchen had fire in the ceiling and was heavily damaged in the kitchen area.  The owner was given oxygen and did not go with the EMS to the hospital.  Units from Troutman, Shepherds, and Iredell County EMS responded.

mini-002.jpg (43220 bytes)
Smoke coming out lightly from end of mobile home.

mini-004.jpg (74437 bytes)
Firemen start to assist the homeowner.

mini-005.jpg (85483 bytes)
Units start feeding hose to the firemen inside.

mini-006.jpg (66474 bytes)
The owner was given oxygen to help clear his lungs.

mini-011.jpg (115265 bytes)
The PPV fan is brought in to clear the smoke from the residence.

mini-013.jpg (91759 bytes)
Getting the fan started and aimed at the door.

mini-014.jpg (92817 bytes)
Lights are being brought to the interior of the residence.

mini-015.jpg (88569 bytes)
Cord being fed into the house with the light.  Small generator works great.

mini-017.jpg (108343 bytes)
Firemen inside pull down the insulation and ceiling.

mini-019.jpg (114621 bytes)
Pot on the stove still smoking - possible cause of the fire.

mini-024.jpg (95161 bytes)
Never-ending paperwork is necessary to be filled out.

mini-026.jpg (94190 bytes)
EMS units assist the patient and check him out as fire crews assist.

                                                                                           HOME                 Camera: Dimage 7i w/ 5600hs flash

Hit Counter